Archive for November, 2009
’tis true, is it not? [This has nothing to do with the general DLC problems, which I’m already monologuing here] For those 7 bucks (an amount, for which the entire Mass Effect 1 was already on sale on Steam!) it’s an insult, having 30 minutes of additional gameplay, after which the “Warden’s Keep” isn’t even accessible anymore. After that, the whole content is reduced to a map, that can be traversed in 30 seconds (!) and 2 merchants, who don’t sell anything you can’t get anywhere else in the game just as good. That the party chest should be in the camp in the first place too, is another issue. It makes playing more annoying, having to switch between the 2 places, just to manage some “party business”, that’s coming up after every couple of quests, when enough has changed to re-equip the group. Reading this text took more time than walking from one end of the “keep” courtyard to the other… Would you pay 7-10 bucks just for that?
By now, stormtroopers are almost on par with nude women, everything gets a lot better, once you put them right next to it!
- +Translated Japanese and Russian text, thanks to szhinji and Lenuska.
- +Added Masquerade redemption for Gary’s photo and fixed weapon info.
- +Gave humanity for Dominating Milligan and fixed tutorial key and xp.
- Made Misti refill and fixed prophet and pinball dude not animating.
- Fixed fire not triggering at junkyard and basic poster quests mixup.
- Restored original flicker-less decals to Dane, netcafe and warrens.
- Fixed some dialogue issues of Imalia, LaCroix, Isaac, Jack and Phil.
- Adjusted a too strong history and removed many possible text loops.
- Locked outer Tawni door and corrected bad Giovanni invitation names.
- Corrected clipping problems for Venture Tower lamp and cop glasses.
- Fixed frenzy for all clans and eye colours, thanks to Zer0Morph2000.
- Prevented Heather from appearing in Hallowbrook if you ignored her.
- Restored dialogue tutorial popups and removed Ventrue’s rat feeding.
- Added the frenzy animation to common NPC models, thanks to DDLullu.
- Fixed Voerman emails not appearing and Copper suddenly having money.
- Restored Isaac’s gift for the warrens in basic being Toreador only.
- Used white SWAT skin at Venture Tower and Nines skin at solo ending.
- Placed alternative Cal skin into diner and rookie cops on the Dane.
- Restored Lu Fang, Therese and hustler to Lotus Blossom and Vesuvius.
- Used new Ming skin in Empire hotel and hustler and girl in Asphole.
- Restored headless security corpse and severed head to warrens level.
- Placed two scrubs into Grout’s mansion and bartender in Last Round.
- Added raver and female models into Glaze and missing VW bus to pier.
- Placed alternative Chang in temple and fixed Luckee Star fireplace.
- Used alternative stripper skins at Sin Bin, Vesuvius and Giovanni’s.
- Restored over two hundred scenery props and over forty sign decals.
- Added breakable tomb stone, gas tank, board and phones to warehouse.
- Fixed and added breakable air compressor and board into Ash sewers.
1.01b (is available now):
– In the last part of the game (Denerim/after landsmeet) several items gained through “optional content” (Stone Prisoner/Warden’s Keep) just were deleted off of my characters. I noticed, when Alistair suddenly fought with his bare hands instead of Starfang (gained from the smith on the Warden’s Keep map) and Leliana suddenly wore no helm. She had the Helm of Honnleath (found in Wilhelm’s cellar on “The Stone Prisoner” map). Therefore I had to finish the final boss fight with a crappy axe instead of my sword with 3 grandmaster runes… [Vanishing/”broken” items from all downloadable content/DLC appears to be a very widespread, even common occurrence, since e.g. the Bioware forums are flooded with according complaints. Though some players did come up with a couple of workarounds, none of them seem to work for all situations, let alone prevent the bugs from happening.]
– A dialog close to the end (of the game) had me discuss something I never decided during the game (I chose the exact opposite). Spoiler: Alistair complained that I chose him to be King (though I respected his wishes and didn’t) and the answer options were like “after all the effort to put you on the throne…” (something that never happened – he even publicly stated [after that decision] that he and his possible heirs would give up every claim to the throne)…
– Sometimes crates/other containers sparkle, although they are, in fact, empty (a stash in the Circle Tower is clickable after every area transition, but empty).
– Gained the “Bully” achievement for intimidation, although using cunning dialog options.
– In Orzammar, a quest mentioning a son was listed as failed after leaving, when playing as an elf, this quest should probably only surface for dwarf characters?
– The online chronic (social.bioware.com) listed Connors mother (Redcliffe) as dead, but she was saved instead.
– Savegames become “invalid” when not being online/logged in, because of certain bonus content… This can only be a bug, right? No one would be so crazy, to demand players of a single player/offline game to be always online, right? I noticed this, when I lost my Internet connection once, happens… 
– In Orzammar’s arena, Shale wasn’t listed as a possible fighting partner, only the other 2 party members. Result of Shale only being “optional content”? [Shale was also never mentioned in the online chronic, while all other party members gained an entry, after being saved from their respective nightmares in the fade…]
– Wearing similar armor gives a set item bonus. After achieving this bonus (a green icon), it often vanishes on its own. It can be regained by equipping the same items again. I wonder if the positive effects also vanish, or if only the icon isn’t displayed any longer.
– Zevran companion quest event was triggered without receiving the quest first, therefore it was never entered as done in the journal. Dialog options resumed normally.
– In Arle Howe’s estate loading a savegame left Leliana without some parts of her armor (helmet), the game crashed when trying to check out the inventory screen. Reloading worked at some point though.
– Seriously, NO achievement for managing to buy Bioware points?!?
– others I forgot / to be continued?
Mostly really minor things so far… :)
Switching RequiresAuthorization=”1″ to RequiresAuthorization=”0″ in AddIns.xml remedies that (for every individual item).