Archive for March, 2007
The Rockstar page is to feature a video soon, showing the new GTA title. I can already imagine it (the game, not the trailer).
- No women (there may be a version considered with women, but all of them wear burkas), to make sure there’s no sex either, and the male characters never look at each other to give no wrong impression too – or maybe even an entirely abandoned town, and the sole player character has no hands (can steer cars with legs)
- Only cars capable of rather slow speeds, or bikes only (as introduced in San Andreas) – stay fit and save energy
- No weapons, except those everyone could by in the next store
- All roads “feature” invisible walls, so no one drives into bystanders “by accident”
- Missions only include driving from point A to B or maybe sometimes C (for diversity)
- The game has to be activated online every 24 hours, to make sure no add-ons/patches/mods/whatever can be downloaded and installed from the Internet
- There will be no drinkable fluids whatsoever in the game, let alone hot coffee
- Instead of ads the city shows banners, warning about the dangers of gaming, that it makes players stupid and aggressive and that only losers play games […]
- If playing longer than 15 minutes, the game freezes for half an hour, showing to the player that there’s a world outside, ads on how to get a shrink are shown
- Math equations are shown once in a while, so that players can train their algebra skills, just to show to everyone how valuable gaming can be, if solved wrong, the game terminates and can’t be activated for some time
- Politicians warn at the beginning of the game that violence is bad and players should rather join the army
- Rockstar thanks everyone who improved their game so much, by packing everything together and moving their studios to international waters
No seriously, I somehow doubt that there was no impact at all on the new title. It will show and every long time fan of the game will notice it.
“Please note that Saved games from previous versions will NOT work with the patch.” and “make sure any saves that were created prior to installing the patch are deleted”
Dude, what the fuck?
That makes the patch kinda “worthless”. Endless hours into the game and then delete savegames? I also love the “various other fixes”. :)
The patch fixes the following bugs: After installing the patch, please note the version number that has been added to the bottom left corner of the Main Menu screen.
Please note that Saved games from previous versions will NOT work with the patch.
After installing this patch, please go to “C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersDocumentsSTALKER-SHOCsavedgames” and make sure any saves that were created prior to installing the patch are deleted. You will need to make sure that hidden folders are visible on the view tab of the folder options menu.
You will only be able to connect to servers hosted on that same version.
1. Buttons remain “pressed” and value changes on its own in Options
2. Players can kill teammates with the knife when friendly fire is set to 0
3. Game crashed when client player types a server command in console
4. Game crashes when entering a MP game after dying in SP
5. Multiplayer map names will appear in debug text format when voting to change a multiplayer map during gameplay.
6. The game crashes while attempting to purchase an item, after pressing Buy button multiple times from the Buy Menu.
7. The game crashes when the user triggers an anomaly after the anomaly time is set to 0.
8. Purchased affordable weapons fail to be in the inventory when one item purchased exceeds the user’s monetary amount.
9. The player will lose the weapon he has stored in his inventory as well as the equipped weapon when the equipped weapon is dropped in MP.
10. The host is able to pause the game during an MP game.
11. Players are able to duplicate other player names by using the “name” command in the console.
12. The user is unable to view a fly-by cutscene if their PDA is open while triggering the cutscene.
13. The user can speed up time with the * key on the numpad in SP
14. Players can damage and kill other teammates while friendly fire is set to 0.0
15. The starting weather in-game does not accurately reflect the starting weather set by the server host in multiplayer match
16. The corpse created by a user switching teams remains in the game when playing multiplayer team deathmatch or artifact hunt.
17. Options “show weapon” and “NPC identification” fail to function
18. The up and down function for the look feature are inverted through out the game.
19. The server will crash when the players vote to change maps, but don’t select a map to change to.
20. Players will take no fall damage when friendly fire is set to 0 on the server
21. The player dies when trying to exit out of the skin menu back into gameplay
22. Death by an anomaly is not recorded as a negative frag when playing Team Deathmatch.
23. Game Crash when opening buy menu from certain spot in Artifact Hunt mode
24. The prompt for the buy menu and entry via pressing the spacebar appears when in spectator mode during any network game.
25. Professor Kruglov sometimes can’t open the door to the mobile science lab
26. When player stands close to a wall and shoots grenade launcher, the grenade falls out of the map without damaging anyone.
27. Possibility of killing enemies through the roofs and walls
28. When killing Wolf before completing any of additional quests given from him, these quests doesn’t change status from “Active Tasks” to “Failed Tasks” in PDA.
29. Problem with quest: “Kill gang leader” when piece of text in PDA is directing user to kill leader in Dark Valley. Quest is completed after kill this bandit on Garbage level.
30. Disappearing piece of scroll belt in Main Menu when the player changes resolution to 800×600
31. Anomalies were not appearing when turned on in server options menu.
32. Game crashed when creating a Team Deathmatch server with spectator on.
33. Problems with â€˜Slugâ€™ artifact.
34. Possibility to take the decoder through the Wall
35. Issue with cash in inventory on MP build
36. NPC called Seriy has 3 different names: Seriy, Gray and Grey.
37. Problem with price of weapon in inventory
38. Game crashed when vote for kicking a player ended
39. Rare game crash during multiplayer match, after players choose a team.
40. Exploit with update rate command
41. Wood in barrels is flickering, although there’s no fire there.
42. Player can jump between 2 stalkers and table inside the bar and become stuck.
43. Two side quests from Sakharov have wrong description.
44. After playing in multiplayer mode and then starting single player game, Sidorovich has one of multiplayer nicks instead of his name.
45. Game crashed when player fight with pseudodogs on red forest.
46. The game crashes to a non-responsive state (task manager) when attempting to host multiplayer game a second time with an invalid CD-key.
47. On Win 2000 PCs, the Windows Desktop cursor has no functionality when minimizing the game (Alt+Tab).
48. The game will result in a soft crash when a player dies from radioactive poisoning, then immediately falls into the tunnel well that leads out of the Agroprom Underground level.
49. The arrow buttons remain depressed when clicked and dragged off the boxes, thus making the value increase or decrease indefinitely in the options menu of network games.
50. Game crashed during map rotation. This issue occurs several times while playing with maps (Vehicle station, Desolated Village and Deserted Factory)
51. Game crashes when entering an MP game after dying in SP
52. The Host will crash and all Clients will either return to the main menu, crash to the desktop, or the program will shut itself down and return the user to the desktop, when attempting to drop a player while users are In-Game
53. Users are able to pick up an opponent’s grenade after it has been thrown and then use it themselves.
54. The players name switches to a random player’s name with a _1 after it in multiplayer if no name is entered in the network games menu.
55. Players fail to be kicked, after unanimously voting to remove them, during network gameplay.
56. Player is unable to ban other player, everybody vote for, line “voting succeed” appears and nothing happens. Player that was supposed to be banned still can play and do whatever he wants on the server.
57. The starting weather in-game does not accurately reflect the starting weather set by the server host in multiplayer match
58. Saved game are over written when attempting a second save uses the first saved game’s name followed by a “space” and any other word or number during single player campaign.
59. The artifact is unaffected by gravity when dropped during an artifact hunt game.
60. Players take no explosion damage when the friendly fire damage option is set to 0 in the server options of a team deathmatch game.
61. The game will crash, halting progression when transferring from Station to the Sarcophagus.
62. When player wants to reload a weapon, and start fast shooting, he can’t do that because weapon continues reloading.
63. The game crashes when a player is killed immediately after they are re-spawned into the game.
64. The weapons fail to scroll when using the mouse wheel after all the grenades have been used during single player gameplay.
65. Minor text bugs.
66. Various balance issues in Singleplayer and Multiplayer.
67. Various known exploits/cheats.
68. Various other issues.
Ha, fixed my first “bug” today. The eating symbol (spoon/fork) appeared all the time at the right side of the screen, and went quickly green/yellow/red – if it’s red for too long, the player dies (so I died all the time). My problem was, that eating didn’t help, it came right back. As it turned out (thanks again for the tip), I activated “time compress” by accident, while I was searching for some hotkeys. * accelerates time and / slows it down again. The clock (in the inventary) is a nice hint. One drawback is right there, in Stalker some hotkeys aren’t listed (in the options menu), F6=quicksave and F7=quickload for instance – while the key for making a screenshot IS listed. Try to understand that.
One of my missions was skipped, because I went to far, or – somewhere I wasn’t supposed to go to yet (the bridge guarded by some soldiers). The misson (to meet some guy) was removed (no notice about it in failed quests) and the next story quest was added. Since the soldiers had “good weapons”, I was kinda drawn to that spot. Now I’ll never know what that dude wanted.
A little annoying is the thing with the “balancing”, I’m talking about enemies who can kill you from a distance away with a shotgun with one single shot, while the player’s own shotgun will do that only when standing right in front of an enemy (as it should be). I don’t know if that’s tied to the difficulty settings (I’m playing “Stalker”). Conversations are usually done with text messages, no speech, some main chars have vocals, the “general stalker” is text only. No that bad, but most players are used to speech (I am).
The weapon sounds for the first guns (pistols) don’t sound too hot, while shotguns and assault rifles are okay.
Playing with the console is done by the usual ^ key – the Stalker console is great/very accessible, “help” will list all options and for instance “a” then TAB will show everything with an “a” in descending order.
The environment is the coolest thing, it’s obvious that the designers did a good job and that the game came out, to a good part, as they intended. The zone always gives the impression that the player is in danger (except for a few safe spots). The dangers are numerous, animals, monsters, (various) anomalies, more conventional enemies… Just standing anywhere and doing nothing can be deadly. Running without watching where you’re going too (okay, no big surprise here).
The graphics are running fast (I won’t say anything about the quality, since I knew my PC wouldn’t enable me to activate all effects), that’s important, so there’s no negative impact on the gaming experience (for me) because of that (some games are always running slow, no matter what’s disabled).
So in the end, the game is about what I like most in games: having a world in front of me to explore, to experience adventures in and maybe a good story along the way. The player char has an inventory, weight matters, so not everything can be carried around (this is where trading comes in handy), money is earned through jobs, trading, finding stuff. And several types of items can be found. Actually it’s a lot like an RPG, except that there are no experience points and no character values to develop (except the usual shooter stuff like health…). A PDA helps to keep oversight, it lists all quests (sorted in active, completed and failed), contains a map, a diary, an encyclopedia…
Yes, you’ve heard right, the famous Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines is available in Steam! So far the good news. Rumor has it, that it uses the same engine it did have in 2004 (no improvements from HL2/EO), and that it also “embraces” no further changes in comparison to the CD release. Some might say: it’s identical. The inofficial (that’s the problem) fan patches won’t be distributed through Steam either, but at least they can be used. In the end there’s no advantage over the CD version, not even the price is very attractive with $19,99. From the current point of view, buy the CD version, and for the rest there’s no motivation to re-buy it. How sad.
1. For special customize settings.
2. For unknow chipset resource issue.
3. Fix CEN and SURR have output in 2 channel issue.
- voller IDE support
- only XFS filesystem
- uboot 1.2.0
- Kernel 2.4.34
- NFS-Server on/off selectable in GUI
- IDE Driver on/off selectable in GUI
- Swap on/off selectable in GUI
- viele Aenderungen :) siehe http://cvs.tuxbox.org/lists/
- viele Aenderungen :) siehe http://cvs.tuxbox.org/lists/
- yWeb 2.5.0
- NFS-Server on/off selectable in GUI
- RSS Reader hinzugefgt
- Wettervorhersage hinzugefgt
- Screwed Stone SNR Skin ist jetzt Standard
- Menue Einstellungen an CVS angepasst
- IDE Driver on/off selectable in GUI
- Swap on/off selectable in GUI
- update workaround for wrong transmitted private epg data
- Plugins: Tuxtxt
- Version 1.99
- Plugins: Tuxmail
- Version 1.46
- Plugins: Tuxcom
- Version 1.15
Some things should be noted and eventually acted upon:
* It is no longer possible to create new volumes encrypted with 64-bit-block encryption algorithms (Blowfish, CAST-128, and Triple DES). 64-bit block ciphers are being phased out. It is still possible to mount such volumes using this version of TrueCrypt. However, it will not be possible to mount such volumes using TrueCrypt 5.0 and later versions (this applies also to volumes encrypted with AES-Blowfish and AES-Blowfish-Serpent, which have been in the process of being phased out since TrueCrypt 4.1). If you have such a volume, we recommend that you create a new TrueCrypt volume encrypted with a 128-bit-block encryption algorithm (e.g., AES, Serpent, Twofish, etc.) and that you move files from the old volume to the new one.
184 MB! Sounds very promising, especially the “like planned” part! :) I would love to know where they take their information from. Incredible work and thanks to the makers! :D
Placed Yukie into endgame Temple like planned and fixed more props.
Swapped Boris’ Colt with a Glock and updated CIS computer details.
Added female Desert Eagle and gave it to hunters, thanks to MooCHa.
Restored about ten unused lines from Jack, Knox, Trip and LaCroix.
Inverted Milligan humanity loss and clarified a tutorial quest log.
Lowered flamethrower lethality and Eldritch Prodigy damage effect.
Fixed missing stealth kill sounds for replica katana and bush hook.
Restored Protean claw effects and solved some smaller text issues.
Added missing lamps to the Ocean House trailer and locked the door.
Stopped Doris from falling in floor and the need to reset options.
Fixed wrong auras of Ash, Barabas and Julius and raised dog health.
Unified irregular maximal ammo values and changed some ammo worth.
SecurDisc can write data redundant on CDs/DVDs (by using free space, if any is left), so defect parts may still not be the end. Sounds great, like something that should have been used in the first place, but there’s one catch, works only with Windows…
184.108.40.206 2007 03 15
Note: With the help of AnyDVD, discs protected with “Protect DVD-Video” can now be played on Windows MCE 2005, with Windows Media player or Zoom Player. WITHOUT ANYDVD RUNNING, THESE DISCS CANNOT BE PLAYED! Shame on the makers of this really bad protection. They don’t do their customers a favour, if they cannot watch the original disc! We really hope that they get these discs slapped in their faces by their (ex)customers.
Interesting, a properly purchased disc doesn’t even play without the use of an “illegal” program…
Another option to trace user behaviour is Firefox’ DOM Storage, which is new since 2.0. Sites can store stuff in a local database named *.sqlite (search the FF profile). Few sites make use of it, since it’s so new. It can be disabled in about:config, set dom.storage.enabled to false.
This option is so new and (still?) unknown, that even Torpark (current versions are now based on FF 2) has it enabled, although it usually tries to have everything disabled, that makes user tracing possible. There’s room for improvement I guess. Meaning adding of options, which give the user the power to control these super-cookies, just like the normal ones.
Visit the Flash Player Settings Manager, pull the slider to 0 and check the box with never. This is necessary, because only this is global, making the same setting on a specific website only shuts it down there. Already existing Flash-Cookies can be deleted in “\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player”.
That’s what it said all the time anyway, but now the option is just gone. In Google Account Settings, there was an option to delete the entire Gmail acc. Only changing of the password and secret question is left. “Who wants to delete, when he has 3 GB of space, and the necessary option is missing?”
PS: The Gmail Help Center still mentions it, aka it’s not up to date:
How do I cancel my Gmail account?
If you decide that you don’t need your Gmail account anymore, and you’re sure you won’t want your username in the future, you can simply close the account. Here’s how:
- Click Settings at the top of any Gmail page.
- Open the Accounts tab.
- Click Google Account settings.
- Click Edit next to My services on the right side.
- Click Delete Gmail Service.
Once you close your Gmail account, you can’t reactivate it, and you won’t be able to retrieve any messages.
There’s a newer version of GD, so far I’ve found one difference from the previous version: 10634 tries to contact 4 different IPs, all the time, instead of 3.
GOOGLEDESKTOP.EXE TCP 1932 220.127.116.11 (nf-in-f104.google.com) HTTPS
GOOGLEDESKTOP.EXE TCP 1960 18.104.22.168 (nf-in-f103.google.com) HTTPS
GOOGLEDESKTOP.EXE TCP 2013 22.214.171.124 (nf-in-f99.google.com) HTTPS
GOOGLEDESKTOP.EXE TCP 2034 126.96.36.199 (nf-in-f147.google.com) HTTPS